Friday 27 September 2013

Day 30: Palas de Rei to the outskirts of Santiago de Compestella

Hi All 

Thank you again to all who are following me and sendin on their best wishes.

I really had a tough day yesterday. Now the path to Santiago de Compastella is becomming more and more populated the closer I get. These are the people who are doing the Camino in a week or so. As so many more people are now joining the camino since we passed Sarria. 

I left my hostal this morning  at around 8am with large crowds, even horses with us!! 

Lots of climbs and valleys. Through Casanova over Coto at 515m. I crossed the Furelos river to Melide for my 1st coffee of the day. Then Boente Ribadiso Arzua. Climb Alto de Santa Irene at 405m then into Arca, where the hostel was full, no beds. Nothing else for it but to have dinner, dressed my feet and decided to walk on into outskirts of Santiago. To I coverd a total of 55KM and I have to say I'm shattered! 

Nearly there and looking forward to a bed. 

Buen Camino 


Ger

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...

No comments:

Post a Comment