Monday 9 September 2013

Day 13 - Burgos

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately we didn't move on today. Jim is suffering from bad shin splint and Bob has some bad blisters on his feet, so I decided to stay put with them for the day and move on then tomorrow.

Although the minor set back I made the most of the day spending a few hours in the Museum of Modern Art as well as visiting some of the local monasteries, churches and parks. I also popped into the Correos Main Post Office SAD to have a look (had to be done I'm afraid! I've done well to get this far without stopping at any!).

In the afternoon I climbed to the top of Castille which overlooks the city and then after walked the famous Calle San Juan and Paseo de Espalon. Had a great sing song on the main square with some lads from Letterkenny, they were crazy! Great night overall and fully refreshed for tomorrow!

The plan tomorrow morning is to get up at 5am and to walk to Hontanas via Hornillios, which is approximately 30km in total. Bobs feet are still pretty bad so he is going to get a taxi to Hontanas but Bob is going to join me for the day!

I'll have a lot more news tomorrow!

Talk later,

Ger

No comments:

Post a Comment