Thursday 19 September 2013

Day 23: Astorgia to Foncebadon


Hi all,

Thank you so much to everybody who has been following my blog, I really appreciate it.

All is well here, knowing that Ronan is en route. I'm really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. Today was a really tough day as we had steady climb from Murias at 900m to finish the day off at Foncebadon, at an altitude of 1450m. 

This morning was a 6am start. Now I'm having to wear full length trousers and a fleece as I'm feeling the cold getting in on me, these higher altitudes don't help either. I took break at Santa Catalina de Somoza and El Ganzo all villages still asleep! It was an uphill push to El Ganso over Rio Turienzo at Puente de Panote and steep climb to Rabanal del Camino. It really was all climbing today and I pushed on as I needed to get higher into mountains, I managed to reach Foncebadon, which has a population 13! 

Take a look at the town of Foncebadon, compliments of Google.

A little quiet but tomorrow morning I'll set out for my walk/climb to famous Cruz de Ferro where everyone will leave their stones promises and troubles! Cruz de Ferro is the highest point of the 825km Camino. Then downhill to meet Ronan in Ponferrada. I hope he brings some Pesetas!! As he'll be buying me a beer tomorrow night!!

Todays journey took me 22km along the Camino, a distance I managed to cover in 6 hours.

Buen Camino! 

Ger

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...

No comments:

Post a Comment