Saturday 14 September 2013

Day 18 - Terradillos de la Templarios to El Burgo Ranero

Hi Everybody,

Thanks so much for your continued support.

Today was a real killer and after trekking over half of the Camino by now,  I feel I'm qualified to say so!!

Up, out and walking by 06:00 this morning having to wear 3 layers of clothing. By now the morning are visibly darker. I took my first break in a town called San Nicholas de Real Camino. While I was there I bumped into a couple from Tougher, in Cork. Eileen & Brendan, who were great crack and we had a good laugh together.

Whether it was the heat or the coffee, but definitely not alcohol, I some how managed to take a wrong turn on the road and ended up in a place called Calzada de Coto, but then managed to find my way back to Berciones del Real Camino.

Eventually making it to El Burgo Ranero, a little further than originally planned. The distance covered on todays walk was about 34km with the temperature reaching into the 30's. It was a long day today and I'm really looking forward to my Pilgrim meal this evening and my bed.

Tomorrow I'm aiming to make it to the town of Mansilla de las Mulas. Tomorrows distance is about 20km. My feet are holding up well and overall I'm delighted to have now gone beyond the halfway stage. These villages are quite remote and services are very basic. Internet just isn't a priority in these places.

BUEN CAMINO!

Ger

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...



No comments:

Post a Comment