Friday 20 September 2013

Day 24: Foncebadon to Pontferrada and Ronan!!

Hi to everybody,

My departure from Foncebadon this morning was the usual, up early and out the door. My first goal was to reach La Cruz de Ferro at 1550m. This really was a serious climb. I got to stop for brekkie at Manjarin, where breakfast consisted of a serious roll and cafe con leche.

Then there was the descent, some people see the descents as the profit from the earlier climb and I would have thought the same, but the descents are very tough on my legs. As much and all as I give out about the climbs, I'd take them over descents any day. Oh this was one serious descent into Acebo. I rested here for a bit and had time to just stop and reflect. My daily routine, what it has now become, and has been my norm. As I became more and more capable of physically, just pushing on. As each day comes to close, I continually get closer to my goal for Jack. Everything that I have been able to acheive, the support from home has been of monumental encouragement to me. The distance I have walked still overwhelms me, but I'm not finished yet.

Today, I have a spring in my step, because I will be meeting Ronan later on today. The plan is for him to be in Pontferrada by the time I get there, I have been looking forward to this for so long.

From Acebo it was then on to the town of Riego de Ambros, then into Molinseca. Another break here for a coke and an icecream. From Molinseca, it was a long walk in hot weather into Ponferrada. Where I eventually found the hostel and Ronan.


Check out the town where I met my son, Pontferrada, compliments of Google

My Prodigal son has arrived and we are here having a beer together!

HAPPY DAYS BUT THIS WAS A TOUGH DAY! 27km but adjusted is 29km coverred in a time of 7 hours. Tomorrow I'll be walking with my son, happy days!

SPECIAL HELLO TO JACK KAVANAGH THINKING OF YOU TODAY !

XX GER

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...

No comments:

Post a Comment