Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 19 - El Burgo Ranero to Leon

Hi All,

This morning’s routine has now become the norm for me. As soon as I get up, I'm out the door and on the Camino. This morning I had a lie on and was up at 06:30. My initial stage for today was to Mansilla de las Mulas, which was a distance of 19km.

This was one of the first walks that I had the opportunity to make alone. I found that it gave me time to clear my head and to reflect and appreciate as to why I'm here doing what I'm doing. The donations that everybody so willingly made and the feed back coming from home is fantastic. It helps me so much to put aside my own physical aches and pains, blisters, boils and bumps…. But I don't want to be going on about me!!

Before reaching Mansilla de las Mulas, I stopped off in Reliegos for my ritual of a coffee and a tortilla. I'm hoping that by the time I get home to Ratoath tortillas’ will be available in all the coffee shops and petrol stations!!

Next, into the city of Leon, via Puente Villarente and Valdelafuente. Todays walk was all of 39km. This will definitely be up there with my 'long walks' My feet feel like they never have before.. Leon is a beautiful city and I'm delighted to be taking a bit of a rest here for maybe 2 days.

During these days I'll be visiting different Basilicas and loads of Churches.

This evening will be my Pilgrim meal and off to bed, but I'll tell you I'd sleep on a mantel piece, I'm that tired...

BUEN CAMINO!

Ger

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...

No comments:

Post a Comment