Friday 13 September 2013

Day 17 - Carrion de Ios Condes to Terradillos de la Templarios


Hi Everybody,

Thanks to everybody for your continued support.

Another long day today, I started out at 06:00. The area I'm currently walking in is called Mesata, consisting of featureless flat farmland. Long, very long straight roads, no bends, no hills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about - no hills!! But something in the distance to work towards and overcome, not here. Dead flat and boring, but that’s part of the 'way' too… 

After about 2 hours of walking we got to take a break, unfortunately we were hoping for something a little more refreshing. The coffee was TERRIBLE served with a hard boiled egg and all from a caravan. 

From there we walked along Via Aquitania, which is a 2000-year-old Roman road. Coming up on 10:00 we reached Caldilla de la Cueza, for some real coffee and a tortilla. With the temperature starting to rise, it was time to start shedding layers of clothing. We bypassed Ledigos and arrived at todays destination of Terradillos de la Templarios at 1:30 this afternoon. 

This was to become a highlight of my pilgrimage as I have reached the halfway point. After 14 days of walking, I now face only another 387.5km to Santiago So far so good, the feet are not to bad. 

BUEN CAMINO! 

Ger

Click on the map below to view my daily progress, I update it daily...



No comments:

Post a Comment