Tuesday 17 September 2013

Day 20 & 21 - Leon & Leon to San Martion del Camino

Hi everyone,

Apologies for not posting up yesterday! Since everyone was a bit sore we decided to have a break for the day in Leon. With a population of around 130,000 there was loads to do and see in the city..

One of the first sights I visited was the Cathedral and Basilica de Saint Isodoro Plazaz Mayor and San Marcelo. Climbing to the roof of the cathedral I got to see the amazing stained glass windows and got plenty of pictures to show everyone. After I had a nice meal with some locals in San Martin and from that I made my way to Paradore San Marcos before heading to bed.. I was tempted to live it up a little and join a few of the locals for a few beers but was in bed by 10.30 as I knew we had to be up early for today.

I really loved Leon! Great ambiance and food! Would have loved to stay here another day..

So after our days rest, we were up early are raring to go (luckily I didn't go for the few last night because today was very tough). By 6.30 we were on the road, the number of layers we have on every morning are increasing, as it is pretty chilly when we start off!

Our first stop was Virgen del Camino, from there we made our way to Valverde and then finally stopping in San Miguel for our first break and a quick coffee.. I peeled off a few layers as it was getting hotter and hotter by the minutes.. By midday it was 30C so I lobbed on some factor 50 paste to keep but the sunburn was replaced by bites today.. I was eaten alive by bugs!! Feet and arms in bits but Brid as ever was on hand with some advice, so got some special cream in the local pharmacy so hoping that will do the job!

From San Miguel we passed through Villadangos then finally arriving in San Martion del Camino where we are staying tonight.. After checking into the hostel I went for a quick cold shower and gave the clothes a quick wash for tomorrow.

We have a tough 30km ahead of us tomorrow but with the mountains coming into sight the next few days will be hard on the legs just in time to see if Ronan is up for it!

Thanks for everyones the continued support! Please keep sharing the page and spreading the word!!

Buen Camino,

Ger

Please remember to spread the word and remind as many people as possible, as to why I'm here:


Click on the map below, to view my progress. I update it daily...

No comments:

Post a Comment