Saturday 31 August 2013

Day 1 - Landing in St Jean


Sorry for the lack of posts over the last few days they will now be more frequent! There hasn't been many internet cafes on the route as I'm sure you can imagine so dad is going to text me a brief outline of what ground he covered every day and where he is.. I'll let you all know then! Ronan

Landed in St Jean is a beautiful hostel.. I met a lot of people over dinner and a few of us have decided that we are going to stick with eachother for a while anyway! (We'll see if they can handle my pace..) One of them is a Castlebar man who is now living in Vancouver (he's a gas man!) and the other is Tommy O' Gorman from RTE Belfast. The weather is very hot here today so the plan is to get up early and get the heavy walking done before lunch time!

We had mass before the pilgrim feast and its now around 9 with the majority of people in bed. I'm going to head off now so will talk to you all tomorrow.

Ger

No comments:

Post a Comment